* Website Under Construction *
Families are important. So are boundaries.
Developing healthy boundaries within families.
Our families signify the origins of our personal identities, comprise our first relationships and shape our consciousness. Whatever we think or do, however we express our emotions and relationships – our lives are shaped by, and respond to, our family dynamics.
Families with Animals (a.k.a. interspecies families)
- When animals are brought into a household, family dynamics may shift. Sometimes, violence results. We examine how to integrate animals into the family.
- We address family violence holistically by recognizing the links among pet abuse, child abuse, sibling abuse, spousal abuse and elder abuse.
- Green Pet-Burial Society: connecting bereavement with conservation.
- Forming family with animals who are not ‘pets.’
- Sibling Hatred & Sibling Abuse: the traumas and triumphs.
- Rivalry or Bullying? Exploring cultural beliefs and practices.
- Caretaking & Aftercare: the impact of sibling hatred on caring for parents in need.
Adult Children & Parents
- In-law Conflicts: creating respect through boundaries & understanding.
- Gendered Relationships: between parent and child.
- The impact of technology on family connectivity.
- Virtual Environments & Table Settings.