Families are important.
So are boundaries. So is intimacy. So is warmth.
Our families signify the origin of our personal identities, comprise our first relationships and shape our conscience. Whatever we think or do, however we express our thoughts or emotions, whenever we relate with others – our lives are shaped by, and respond to, our family dynamics.
We encourage people to reflect upon their own family – its composition (i.e., who do you consider to be a member of your family?) and the varied roles, expectations, and estrangements that characterize its relationships – and to share their stories with us.
We listen. We want to understand your family experiences, since your stories – painful and celebratory – guide our work.
To help individuals, families, and communities understand and address their family dynamics, and to share information that supports members of families and households in being safe and sound, and in leading good lives.
- Center on Sibling Dynamics™ – exploring sibling conflict, trauma, and friendship
- Center for Families with Animals – improving relationships with other animals and one another
- Center for the Adult Child™ – healing transgressions and neglect between children and parents
- Center on Cyberfamilies – privacy, connections, and disruptions in a digital age
- “Let’s Get Through This” – helping teens and parents manage their lives: a program of self-reliance and mutual understanding.
- Green Pet-Burial Society – addressing notions and practices of death and dying of pets; promoting conservation whole-family cemeteries. (Hosted by our Center for Families with Animals)
Family Spirals® was registered in 2017 as a Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation in the state of California. Until we register as a 501(c)(3) organization with the IRS:
Family Spirals® is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of Family Spirals® must be made payable to “Fractured Atlas” only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.