After extensive planning, we are gearing up to launch our first programmatic center – the Center on Sibling Dynamics. Initial services will be a series of discussion groups for people to talk about their experiences with a sibling and explore ways to address them. On our webpages you’ll find links to resources and lists of relevant books, films, and songs that are worth knowing about. We’ve also curated online galleries of paintings and drawings, short films, and poetry designed to help people reflect upon their own sibling relationships.
With donor support, we can develop and launch our other programmatic centers and special projects. Your generous donation will help us get there!
Addressing sibling conflict, aggression, and friendship
- Rivalry or Bullying?: the tragedies and triumphs. Exploring beliefs, practices, and solutions regarding sibling aggression. (see article)
- Caregiving & Aftercare: the impact of sibling discord when caring for parents in life and death.
- “Lean on Me”: sibling friendships in everyday life (including siblings in foster care, adoption, divorce, with disability, and in crisis). (see paper)
Center for Families with Animals
Improving our relationships with animals and each other
- Being Family: integrating animals into our family dynamic with joy.
- Spirals of Violence: coordinating services for pet/child/sibling/spousal/elder abuse; addressing family violence holistically.
- Exotics – Dislocated ‘Pets’: addressing the needs of wildlife in captivity.
- Bereavement & Conservation: hosting the Green Pet-Burial Society.
Center for the Adult Child™
Healing transgressions and neglect between adults and their parents
- In-law Conflicts: creating respect through boundaries & understanding.
- Gendered Relationships: between parent and the adult child.
- Love & Honor: “honor killings,” dowry killings, exile, and estrangement.
Center on Cyberfamilies
Privacy, connections, and disruptions in a digital age
- Being Connected: how to achieve and maintain family connectedness.
- Mealtime Mambo™: revitalizing family meals with conversation and community.
- Cyberbullying within Families: online boundaries, jokes, and humiliation.
A program of self-reliance and understanding for youth and parents.
Notions and practices regarding the death and dying of animal companions.
(Hosted by the Center for Families with Animals)
- Conservation Whole-Family Cemeteries: Conservation cemeteries are wildlife preserves which are legally protected as green cemeteries. When these cemeteries allow people to bury the remains of all family members, including animal companions, we call them ‘whole-family.’