Center on Sibling Dynamics™
Exploring sibling aggression, conflict, and friendship
- Sibling Rivalry or Bullying?: the tragedies and triumphs. Exploring beliefs, practices and solutions regarding sibling aggression. (see article)
- Caregiving & Deathcare: the impact of sibling discord when caring for parents in need.
- “Lean on Me”: sibling friendships in everyday life (including foster care, adoption, divorce, disability, and crises). (see paper)
Center for Families with Animals
Improving our relationships with animals and each other
- Being Family: integrating animals into our families with joy.
- Spirals of Violence: coordinating services for pet/child/sibling/spousal/elder abuse – addressing family violence holistically.
- Exotics – Dislocated ‘Pets’
- Bereavement & Conservation: hosting the Green Pet-Burial Society.
Center for the Adult Child™
Healing transgressions and neglect between children and parents
- In-law Conflicts: creating respect through boundaries & understanding.
- Gendered Relationships: between parent and child
- Love & Honor: (dis)honor killings, dowry killings, exiles and estrangements
Center on Cyberfamilies
Privacy, connections, and disruptions in a digital age
- Being Connected: how to achieve and maintain family connectedness.
- Mealtime Mambo™: revitalizing family meals with conversation.
- Cyberbullying within Families.
A program of self-reliance and understanding for youth and parents
Notions and practices regarding the death and dying of our pets.
(Hosted by our Center for Families with Animals)
- Conservation Whole-Family Cemeteries: “together in death as in life”
More information coming soon!
updated October 10, 2017